AIP CIP Systems;
AIP offers a wide range of Cold Isostatic Presses.
Our CIP¡¯s range from manually operated research scale machines
to fully automated production machines
AIP's wide range of research Cold Isostatic Presses fit most any need.
The compact AIP3-12-60C shown
features a 3" diameter x 12" long chamber capable of 60,000 psi.
This unit is offered in full thread, pin closure, and breach lock closure.
A fully automated version, above
right, is also available. Many options and pump types can be purchased
to satisfy a wide variety of customer uses.
.. Medium or Pilot size CIP systems fill the need for prototyping, process development, and small production needs. AIP offers a wide variety of units, with various pumping and control options. The unit shown is an ASME coded quick opening Breach Lock vessel. It is controlled by an advanced digital microprocessor. Other features include a rapid fill and defill with automatic air purge, and an electro-hydraulic pump for fast, high reliability pumping.
.. AIP leads the industry with fully automated production Cold Isostatic Presses. These large units are available in pressures to 100,000 psi and sizes to 60 inches in diameter. Pumping systems use large capacity hydraulic pumps for speed and durability.
CIP IS THE APPLICATION OF PRESSURE
- AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- USING A LIQUID
- FROM ALL DIRECTIONS.
• UNIAXIAL PRESSING IS NON-UNIFORM WHICH RESULTS IN DEFORMATION DURING
SHINKAGE MAINLY DUE TO DIE WALL FRICTION.
• UNIAXIAL = NON-UNIFORM DENSITY
• COMPLEX PARTS CAN NOT BE PRESSED OR
REMOVED EASILY FROM UNIAXIAL PRESS
THERE ARE A FEW DIFFERENT TYPES
THE MOST COMMON ARE:
* DRY BAG
WET BAG USES A VESSEL FULL OF WATER WITH A BAG THAT IS REMOVED EACH CYCLE
DRY BAG IS A VESSEL WITH AN INTEGRAL MASTER BAG THAT ISOLATES THE FLUID FROM THE MOLD
* CIP PARTS ARE MADE FROM POWDERS
* THESE POWDERS ARE PUT IN MOLDS
* MOLDS ARE FLEXIBLE BAGS
* TYPICALLY RUBBER OR EURETHANE
MATERIALS THAT ARE CIPped INCLUDE:
PARTS THAT ARE COLD PRESSED INCLUDE:
* SPUTTERING TARGETS
* CARBIDE TOOLS
* SPARK PLUGS
THE MAJOR BENEFITS OF CIP ARE:
* UNIFORM DENSITY
* SHRINKAGE TO BE PREDICTABLE
* ABILITY TO FORM COMPLEX PARTS
* ABILITY TO FORM LARGE PARTS
SAMPLE CIP MOLD w/ CORE ROD
URETHANE DOME MOLD
TRIANGLE SHAPED MOLD
LARGE CIP MOLDS
MOST ANY SHAPE CAN BE MADE
¡°GREEN¡± PARTS CAN BE EASILY MACHINED
PARTS THAT REQUIRE VERY HIGH ACCURACY SUCH AS NOSE CONES USE CIP TO ASSURE UNIFORM DENSITY
AFTER CIPping THE PARTS CAN BE
CIPS CAN RANGE IN SIZE FROM RESEARCH SIZE
TO PILOT PLANT SIZE
TO LARGE SCALE UNITS
• Both Wet and Dry bag CIP systems can be fully automated and can produce parts as rapidly as every 30 seconds,
even in large sizes.
• Systems can incorporate powder filling, robotic loading, automated vibration, bag washing, automated vessel loading,
bag drying, and automatic unloading of the bags.
• CIP is a fully developed process that can be used to solve many part geometries.